Widespread Issues provides a streamlined approach for tracking and communicating on issues that affect multiple customers. Using the packaged Lightning Component, agents can report new issues, review and suggest solutions, and view active issues while working new cases. Support team managers can manage the Widespread Issue record, understand the impact and broadcast updates to all those who are affected.
- Report new Widespread Issues
- Attach cases to existing (active) Widespread Issues
- Suggest & Vote on Solutions
- Manage the Widespread Issue and understand impact
- Broadcast updates to Case Owners and Customers
- Update key fields on the Widespread Issue and affected Cases all at once
- Must be in Lightning Experience
- MyDomain must be deployed
- Must be on Version 6.40 or newer of Email to Case Premium
Adding the Widespread Issues Lightning Component to Case Page Layouts:
- Within Lightning Experience, navigate to the top right corner of your page and click the Setup gear.
- Using the Quick Find in the top left corner, navigate to Platform Tools | User Interface | Lightning App Builder.
- Click Edit next to your existing Lightning Page for Cases.
- If you do not have an existing one, click New and select Record Page.
- Next, provide a label such as "Cases" and select the Case object.
- Lastly, select a Page Template and click Finish.
- From the Lightning Components column on the left-hand side, scroll down to "Custom" and locate the "Widespread Issues" component.
- Drag & drop this component to the desired area on your page layout.