Default Search Tab:
- When searching for duplicates, this setting will determine what the default mechanism is for searching.
- The options available are Search By Criteria, Search By Text and Recent Cases.
Maximum Number of Results:
- When viewing potential duplicates, this setting will allow you to determine how many duplicates display on the page at a time.
- 100 is the maximum.
Case Merge Limit:
- You may set the number of Cases to be merged at one time.
- Use the drop-down list to choose between 2-9 Cases.
- The default and recommended value is 5 Cases.
Restrict By Record Type:
- Admins may opt to only allow Cases of the same Record Type to be merged.
- This setting will be automatically disabled if no record types for Case are found in your organization.
- This is the criteria that will be used by Case Merge Premium when automatically searching for duplicates when a case record is loaded or when the Find Duplicates button is used.
- The default criteria is Subject Conversation contains Use Case Value & Closed equals False.
- The default criteria for searching for duplicates is sufficient for identifying duplicate cases in any organization. You do not need to make any changes in this section unless you choose to.
- If you have a large number of cases and a large number Case Merge Premium users, it is recommended that you contact Salesforce Support and request a custom index on any fields used in the duplicate criteria.
- The use of date literals in the duplicate criteria is not supported at this time.