Each time a customer responds to a survey email by clicking a rating / link, a survey record will be created in Salesforce. If the customer completes the questions on the landing page and clicks Submit Updates, their existing survey record will be updated with the responses to the additional landing page questions.
Starting in version 2.59, Simple Survey offers a new feature to capture partial responses for custom questions on the landing page. As the survey recipient is answering questions on the landing page, the existing survey record will be updated with the customer's responses. In the event the customer only answers some of the questions and does not click the Submit Updates button, Simple Survey will still capture the information they entered prior to abandoning the survey.
A "Status" field has been added on the Survey object to denote the completion of the survey. Status values include:
- Responded: Customer has selected a rating / link in the initial survey email, but has not answered additional questions on the landing page.
- Partial: Customer has selected a rating / link in the initial survey email, has answered some (or all) questions on the landing page but has not clicked Submit Updates.
- Completed: Customer has selected a rating / link in the initial survey email, has answered some (or all) questions on the landing page, and has clicked Submit Updates.
This feature will also aid in identifying which questions customers may not feel comfortable responding too and/or how many questions they are willing to complete before deciding to abandon the survey.
Privacy Disclaimer Settings
- Please consult with local privacy laws concerning data collection prior to enabling the Capture Partial Response Setting.
- With "Include Privacy Disclaimer" checked, the surveys will include a label or link at the bottom of the survey page. Note, the privacy disclaimer only appears when the "Capture Partial Responses" setting is enabled.